The City of Kechi operates under a Mayor-Council form of government, consisting of a Mayor elected at-large and five-member City Council. The Mayor and each City Council Member are elected for a four-year term. As the Governing Body, these elected officials establish policies for the organization and implement community priorities.
Members of the public wishing to address the Council, are asked to sign up prior to the meeting by submitting a Public Forum Request to the City Clerk prior to the meeting . You will need to list your topic along with your name, address and phone number, for the record. You are asked to limit your presentation to five minutes. Your comments or requests maybe addressed at a future meeting.
When the Mayor calls your name, proceed to the podium and introduce yourself. Public forum comments are typically limited to five minutes. If you have materials to provide to the City Council, please leave them on the staff table at the front of the Council Chambers. Please provide 10 copies. During the Public Forum, the Mayor will call on you, and you will have 5 minutes to present. If you have any visual aids, you are asked to submit them electronically, so that City Staff may have them uploaded for presentation.
If you have questions about City Council meetings, please contact the City Clerk via email.
- Enacting ordinances and resolutions
- Approving the appointment of the City Administrator, City Attorney, Municipal Judge, vacant City Council seats, and members of boards and commissions
- Reviewing and approving the annual budget, setting the tax rate and approving the financing of city operations
- Establishing city fees and utility rates
- Authorizing and approving contracts on behalf of the city
- Monitoring city programs and services to ensure they are being accomplished in the best possible way