Court is held the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in Kechi City Hall at 220 West Kechi Road.
It is the mission of the Kechi Municipal Court to expeditiously and ethically adjudicate traffic, criminal, and ordinance violations in a fair and courteous manner. The court also provides and serves defendants and victims with many other services such as; supervising probationers, conducting/scheduling drug and alcohol evaluations, supervising community service activities, and providing information to assist citizens in resolving issues associated with court proceedings.
Order of the Court
Order of the court is as follows:
- Call to Order
- First Call - Judge will call the docket to make sure defendants are in attendance.
- Second Call - Judge will read defendants their charges and advise them of the maximum fine/sentence. Defendants will enter a plea of guilty, not guilty, or no contest. Defendants will be sentenced, fined, or assigned a trial date.
- Recess - Defendants discuss their case with prosecutor, pay fines, receive next court date.
- Call to order - Judge calls defendants to the bench to complete necessary business.
- Court adjourns.
When appearing in court, you will be required to obey the following rules:
- Appropriate clothing and shoes will be worn
- Turn all pagers and cell phones off
- No food or drinks will be allowed
- Hats must be removed
You may pay your fine by cash, check, debit/credit card or money order. Payments can be made in person at the Kechi Police Department (105 North Sioux), over the phone (316-744-6611), or online. There is a 2.5% processing fee for all debit/credit card payments.